about the universe forum commander Shop Now Commanders Circle
Product List FAQs home Links Contact Us

Sunday, January 14, 2007

Deciding to make a better life

Being a guy, I really don't care if the house I live in is clean. Being a girl, Leanna does. Without my pitching in, Leanna (who works the same 55-60 hour week I work) couldn't keep up, and when i didn't help, she slowly gave up trying. You'd think that it wouldn't matter. I slept just as well (and Tivo worked the same) whether the living room had been picked up or the bedroom had been vaccuumed or the bathroom cleaned.

But I finally came to the conclusion that, subconciously, I just had quit trying to do anything but sleep, go to work, come home to Tivo, repeat. (Until Sunday when Ramses had to have his walk or blood was spilled.) And when I quit doing that, I quit doing a lot of other things that, in ways great and small, made me less healthy, grumpier, and less productive. Due to the ice storm, Leanna and I stayed home most of the last 3 days and just made a decision to pick up the house, and give it a good cleaning.

I actually do feel much better today than I have in months.

Go figure. And then try it yourself. Sometimes your partner/spouse will be a happier person if you pitch in.