about the universe forum commander Shop Now Commanders Circle
Product List FAQs home Links Contact Us

Thursday, June 26, 2008

Idle Hands . . .

Jean Sexton writes:

. . . means that Steve Petrick will snatch you up to play in a classic SFB scenario.

I'm still at Origins and having a grand time. Working at the ADB, Inc. booth with Steve Cole was lots of fun. I got to see lots of interesting things and meet wonderful people.

That evening as I was standing around yacking to the SFB judges, he recruited me to play a classic SFB scenario. In vain did I protest I'd only played once; the guys all promised they'd help.

Help and advice from SFB judges and players like Ted Fay who sat beside me and walked me through Energy Allocation each turn? Well, I really should not turn it down. With lots of help doing things I had a grand time gathering up flags, dodging through asteroids, and "blowing stuff up". My Orion ship died gloriously while holding three flags of the five while making sure that the ship that damaged her also went down.

Maybe I shall see if I can have idle hands tomorrow night . . .