about the universe forum commander Shop Now Commanders Circle
Product List FAQs home Links Contact Us

Friday, January 23, 2009

Practicing Patience

Jean Sexton writes:

As both Steve Cole and Steven Petrick are very busy moving the ADB, Inc. headquarters to a new building, they have delegated writing today’s blog to me. This is one of the times I wish I were not in “ADB, Inc. East” as I call my home office. If I were in the real Amarillo, I’d be able to see two people, skilled in logistics, putting their moving plans into action.

When I visited the offices in Amarillo, Leanna and Steve took the time to show me the warehouse. The main impression I took away was that I was very glad that Mike Sparks was there and knew where everything was because the warehouse was HUGE! There were boxes and boxes of ADB’s products. There was the shrinkwrap machine (affectionately called “Old Smokey”) which had recently attacked Petrick and burned his hand. There was the mezzanine which added lots of storage space and which my mother (who abhors heights) would have hated.

While I was there, they got in a shipment of boxes and I got to see how they moved heavy things around and how easy it was to do so with the right equipment. I noticed how they had the right equipment to store a large amount of material in a very crowded area and yet have it accessible when they needed it.

A great deal of planning went into making the warehouse as “user friendly” as it was. I just wish I could be in Amarillo now, learning the whys and wherefores of the decisions being made. Instead, curious cat that I am, I must practice patience and wait until I visit Amarillo again and see the new building and my future office.