about the universe forum commander Shop Now Commanders Circle
Product List FAQs home Links Contact Us

Sunday, March 28, 2010

Rolandus

Rolandus

Can you hear the war, Rolandus?
I remember long ago another frantic fight like this.
In the firefight Rolandus
You were humming to yourself and quickly launching your plasma.
I could hear the distant screams,
And sounds of hailing calls were coming from afar.

They are closer now, Rolandus.
Every hour every minute brings them close to you and me.
I am so afraid, Rolandus.
I am young and full of life and not at all prepared to die,
And I'm not ashamed to say, the roar of warp and plasma almost make me cry.

[Chorus]
There were fighters in the air that night, the fires were bright, Rolandus.
Men were dying there for you and me, For sovereignty, Rolandus.
Though I never thought that we would lose, there's no regret.
If I had to do the same one more, I would, Uncle Rolandus.

Now you're old and grey, Rolandus.
And since many years I haven't seen a phaser in your home.
Can you hear them come, Rolandus?
Do you still recall the frightful night we crossed the Neutral Zone?
I can see it in your eyes
How proud you are to fight for control of in our home.

[Chorus]

[Chorus]


Parody copyright (c) 2008 Stephen V. Cole