about the universe forum commander Shop Now Commanders Circle
Product List FAQs home Links Contact Us

Sunday, June 19, 2011

RANDOM THOUGHTS #46

Steve Cole muses, just thinking to himself about Life After Origins.

1. On the trip home every year, there is a moment of trepidation as I think of everybody I told "talk to me after Origins." I know they all think that that means a complete and full answer to their request five minutes after I get home. That won't happen. Some of them will wait a month. I have two guys with excel software play aids who want contracts for distribution, for example.

2. I have promised Leanna I will not work any Sundays during July. (We have three Stars Wars movies, two of which we have never seen, on Tivo. We also have two entire years of Chuck.) I have also promised her that I will not go into work until 1pm on Wednesdays and that I will take one afternoon a week off to spend with her.

3. I am really, really, really looking forward to working on Star Fleet Marines.

4. I resolve that at least two days a week I will do at least five pages of Fed Admiral and send them to Jay.

5. I fully intend to get some short-run mail order only expansion card decks done for SFBF. I have found a place that can do them.

6. I need to push Jean to get PD20M Romulans done for Prime Directive and I need to push Mike West to do Mongoose Traveller.

7. I have got to find a fiction story for Captain's Log #44 so I don't have another frakking fiction crisis.

8. Even if it's a month or two after my birthday, I am going to have a birthday party this year, if I have to promise my relatives bribes to get them to show up.

9. I really do want to get the Romulan paperback anthology done and get all of those books into the market.

10. I am going to lose 50 pounds by Christmas, and more next year. Leanna is going to help me by taking away my car and my money and taking total control over my access to food. I was ok with dying sometime in the next few years, but then my doctor pointed out that I really was not depressed at all, just overworked, and so I'm resolved to live the 19 years my father lasted beyond this point. To do that is going to require losing a hundred pounds over a year or two. If all else fails, I have a friend who is a deputy sheriff who agreed to fake the paperwork and lock me in a cell for six months.