about the universe forum commander Shop Now Commanders Circle
Product List FAQs home Links Contact Us

Thursday, September 20, 2012

My Political Speech

This is Steven Petrick Posting. It is getting close to the election time when all those 18 and older who are citizens in good standing should cast their ballots. I have but one political speech on the matter. I wore a funny green suit and carried a rifle for a decade of my life. I did not do so in order to tell anyone who to vote for, so do not expect me to do so now. I did the above so that you would have to the right to vote for the candidate of your choice. I do not have the right to tell you who to vote for, but I do have the right to ask you to vote. Just because I wore that funny green suit and carried a rifle, that does not mean I am automatically correct about who should be elected. We live in a Republic, and each of you has the right to help decide who our leaders should be. We have to believe that the will of majority will make the best choice, and that in two (representative), four (president), or six (senator) years we will be able to review that choice and either keep the current person of replace him or her. So, on the strength of my service, I do not ask you to look to me to tell you who to vote for. I do ask that you do vote. I ask that you do not vote democrat simply because you are democrat, or libertarian simply because you are a libertarian, or republican simply because you are a republican. I ask that you give serious consideration and vote for the best person you can irrespective of party. How you vote is your prerogative, and I do not seek any more influence on that beyond that you do vote. It is not only your right as a citizen, it is your duty to the Republic, and one of the least things that you can do.