about the universe forum commander Shop Now Commanders Circle
Product List FAQs home Links Contact Us

Tuesday, January 08, 2013

Once and Future Captain's Log

This is Steven Petrick posting.

Captain's Log #46 is wrapping up, and SVC and I are looking at things to get started for the next issue.

The various papers and notes look like they are going to be a problem.

Few Command Notes have ever been submitted, and not many remain in the graded pool.

Term Papers largely dried up a while ago, and most of those in the graded pool are by one author.

Tactical Notes are increasingly dominated by just a few authors.

Conquest Notes and Call Out Notes have a similar problem.

Assault Notes are few and far between.

Without fresh submissions I am not sure we will have enough of these to publish. So I need all of you to consider your playing and determine if you have a tactic worth submitting. You cannot get published if you do not submit a paper (but at least it is not "publish or perish"). The topics are on the board for you to make your submissions.

SVC and I have discussed the concept for "battle groups" this time around, and we may get those topics set up soon, surely no later than the end of the month.

We do already know what the Monster Article will be. I doubt I will have as much fun with it as I did with this last one (which I hope you will all enjoy and get something of a kick out of).

I am hoping that once I get past Module C6 some ideas for additional articles to write for Captain's Log will occur to me.

As always, we need fiction, and if you can write you might send something in. Maybe we will pick it, maybe we will use it in the next Captain's Log if not the forthcoming one.

We are hoping to have a "Victory At" article in the next Captain's Log. And of course we are already starting our Origins planning.