about the universe forum commander Shop Now Commanders Circle
Product List FAQs home Links Contact Us

Thursday, December 04, 2014

What to Blog, What to Blog, What to Blog

This is Steven Petrick posting.

I have no idea how many times I have had to sit down and write a blog. I know that each time it becomes harder and harder to do. I do not want to repeat myself (and, yes, I am aware that the preceding is in essence repeating myself as I have complained about the trouble with coming up with something to say before). However each time I sit down to do so my mind draws a blank.

I am never sure if I can actually talk about a current project. Sometimes they are "secret" because we do not want them to be expected until we are sure we are going to do them. Sometimes they are works in progress and I can indulge, but I do not know for sure if what I am currently doing falls into what category. I do not, you see, generally care. It is a task assigned and I work on it until it is finished. I do not work on projects because they are great for me, I do them for you guys and gals, so no matter what it is, I always try to do the best I can.

I have spoken about most of the stories in my own life that I thought might be of interest to others, but I am pretty much out of such stories (as noted, I do not wish to repeat myself). This has helped me to see just how "boring" my life has been. And it has been. Sure, there have been moments of personal fear in the moment, but fear does not in and of itself make a pedestrian crisis something of real moment, i.e., it is still boring because the incident itself is pedestrian even if life-threatening.

Sigh, not much of a blog.